Become a corporate patron
The Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle has been studying nature and its relations with the human species for nearly four centuries, with a particular focus on protecting biodiversity. Your business or foundation can become part of this proud history by supporting our work in research, disseminating knowledge and conserving the heritage of the Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle.
Why support the Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle?
The Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle is a benchmark scientific institution.
Its 600 researchers are particularly interested in the impact of human activities on biodiversity, which is a major environmental issue. Your business or foundation can get involved in helping to preserve the environment and support research projects, expeditions and participative science programmes, as well as educational activities and exhibitions. Your business or foundation can thus tie its image to the values upheld by the Muséum, namely ecology, universalism, education and scientific excellence.
Additionally, the patronage will entitle your business to a tax reduction equal to 60% of the amount of the donation, within the limit of 0.5% of overall pre-tax turnover (with the possibility of transferring the excess within the following five fiscal years if the limit is exceeded).
Philanthropic actions are carried out within the framework of an ethic charter (consult the french version).
If your business wishes to show its commitment to the natural world, we can offer you a range of different projects to support in France at one of the Muséum’s 13 sites, or across the world. Your business can get involved in a specific project, chosen to match your patronage policy.
In return for your patronage, the Muséum can offer tailor-made benefits: private and guided visits to our collections and storerooms, researcher conferences in our auditoriums or on your premises, our spaces at your disposal... and of course we can also offer you visibility in our communication media.
Some project examples
Your business could support:
- A marine expedition to New Caledonia aiming to survey coastal and deep sea biodiversity in order to better protect it.
- A participative science project known as BirdLab, allowing everyone to get involved in studying birds.
- A large exhibition at the Jardin des Plantes in 2022 to explore the world of insects and honour this key link in our biodiversity.
- A large exhibition at the Musée de l’Homme (Museum of Mankind) called ‘Aux Frontières de l’humain’ (At the Boundaries of the Human), investigating the ethical issues linked to a technological progress that is enabling the human race to surpass its biological limits.
- The expansion of the orangutan enclosure at the Jardin des Plantes’ Ménagerie to improve the living conditions of this critically endangered species.
- The restoration of the Galerie de Paléontologie et d’Anatomie comparée (Gallery of Palaeontology and Comparative Anatomy) and the specimens it houses, such as the Durfort mammoth, one of the largest mammoth specimens exhibited in the world.
- The restoration of the statues in the Jardin des Plantes. The name of your business could be associated with one of the garden’s statues.
The patronage service remains at your entire disposal to answer any questions.
Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle
57, rue Cuvier – CP 24 - 75005 Paris (FRANCE)
By telephone: +33 1 40 79 54 25
By email: mecenat [@] mnhn.fr