The Muséum pour la Planète endowment fund
Support the Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle and its missions over the long-term by contributing to the Muséum pour la Planète endowment fund.
The Muséum pour la Planète endowment fund is a private ownership financial structure whose mission is to capitalise, responsibly manage and redistribute its revenues to the Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle. This long-term financing method for projects connected with the work of this major scientific institution is authorised to receive gifts, bequests and donations.
By preserving the capital and using the interest generated, the endowment fund is a sustainable philanthropy tool for intergenerational solidarity centred on the issues of biodiversity preservation. Its endowments entitle the donor to a tax deduction.
The Muséum pour la Planète endowment fund is a key part of the Muséum’s direct patronage policy.
The objectives of the Endowment Fund
The Muséum pour la Planète endowment fund is open to both businesses and individuals who would like to contribute to preserving biodiversity for future generations. It aims to perpetuate the Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle’s actions and reputation while encouraging interest from new audiences.
Donors can direct their donation to one of four themes within the Fund.
To complement these themes, dedicated funds can be created, allowing you to permanently associate your name to a specific project.
Businesses and individuals can thus support scientific, heritage and public awareness-raising projects over the long term, in line with the missions of the Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle, while also obtaining tax benefits.
By making a gift, bequest or donation to the Muséum pour la Planète endowment fund, you opt for a sustainable philanthropy approach and your generosity will have a long-term impact.
A quality philanthropy tool
Your donations replenish the Fund’s capital. Their real value is thus preserved over time, and the financial revenues generated make it possible to fund the projects run by the Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle.
The endowment fund is overseen by a Board of Directors comprising eleven members from the fields of business, politics and research:
- Mr Jean-Louis Bancel, honorary President of Crédit Coopératif
- Mrs Cécile Bernard, Research Director at the Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle
- Mr Nicolas Bos, Chief Executive Officer of Van Cleef & Arpels
- Mr Jean-Louis Chaussade, Honorary President of Groupe SUEZ
- Mrs Frédérique Chlous, Director of the Homme et Environnement department at the Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle
- Mrs Sylvie Crasquin, Director of CR2P at the Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle
- Mr Bruno David, President of the Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle
- Mrs Isabelle Fiévet, General Delegate of the Bel corporate foundation
- Mrs Brune Poirson, Deputy of Vaucluse
- Mrs Patricia Ricard, President of the Paul Ricard Oceanographic Institute
- Mr Emmanuel Skoulios, Deputy Managing Director of the Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle
The accounts are certified by an auditor and you will receive regular updates about the projects supported each year. An activity report summarizes the actions carried out.
A tax receipt will be addressed to you after the donation is registered.
All donations to the Muséum pour la Planète endowment fund are tax-deductible and taxpayers in France can deduct:
- 66% of the total of the donation from income tax (IR) within the limit of 20% of your taxable income in France or
- 75% of the total of the donation from wealth tax on real estate (IFI) within the annual limit of €50,000 (maximum donation of €66,667).
60% of the total of the donation is deductible from corporate tax within the limit of €20,000 or 5‰ (5 for one thousand) of annual pre-tax turnover.
We remain at your entire disposal to answer your questions: fondsdedotation [@] mnhn.fr