Founded in 1907, the aim of the Society of Friends of the Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle and the Jardin des Plantes is to provide moral and financial support to the Muséum, help to enrich its collections and promote related scientific work and education. In this section you’ll find all the information you need to join.
For an annual membership fee of:
- Children aged 3 to 12: 20 euros
- Children and students aged 12 to 25: 25 euros
- Individuals: 44 euros
- Couples: 72 euros
- Donors: starting from 80 euros
to a better knowledge of nature and its protection, scientific progress as a whole, and the preservation of our heritage.
in the life of the Muséum and the Society.
You benefit from:
- conferences given by specialists every Saturday at 2.30 pm (except in the school holidays)
- the quarterly publication
- free admission to the Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle (Jardin des Plantes site)
- discounted admission to other sites.
Société des Amis du Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle et du Jardin des Plantes
57, rue Cuvier
75231 Paris Cedex 05
Tel.: +33(0)1 43 31 77 42
Its secretarial office is based at the Maison Cuvier, near the Muséum’s Grand Amphithéâtre (Great Amphitheatre)
(Recommended access: 47, rue Cuvier - Paris 5th arrondissement).
Office opening times: Tuesday to Friday, 9.30 am to 12.30 pm and 2 pm to 5.30 pm, Saturdays from 2 pm to 5.30 pm.