Here you can find all the information specifically for the Galerie de Minéralogie et de Géologie for visitors with reduced mobility, including accessibility and the activities and events on offer.
The "Treasures of the Earth" exhibition opened on 19 December 2014 in the Galerie de Minéralogie et de Géologie, with over 600 specimens from the huge Mineralogy heritage collections of the Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle.
Plan your visit
Opening times and days
The Galerie de Minéralogie et de Géologie is open every day from 10am to 5pm, except on Tuesdays and 1st May.
At present, the Galerie de Minéralogie is not accessible to wheelchair users. The project for making the Gallery fully accessible is underway.
It is accessible to visitors with walking difficulties who can use steps.
there are around ten steps to climb without a handrail at the entrance to the building and then two more steps between the reception area and the exhibition.
Individual visitors and families: there is not a visitors’ car park at the Jardin des Plantes, but there are several car parks in the surrounding area:
- Patriarches car park: 4, Place Bernard Halpern - Paris 5th arrondissement (a 10 minute walk from the Grande Galerie de l’Évolution)
- Quai d’Austerlitz car park: 29, quai d’Austerlitz - Paris 13th arrondissement (a 20 minute walk from the Grande Galerie de l’Évolution)
- Austerlitz Verrière car park: 85, quai d’Austerlitz - Paris 13th arrondissement >>Currently closed due to works
Groups: parking allowed by request only for a maximum of two PRM vehicles on the Jardin des Plantes premises. Requests must be made no later than 48 hours before the date of your visit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bus: Lines with the nearest stop: 67, 89 (Buffon - La Mosquée stop) – Other lines: 24, 57, 61, 63, and 91
Batobus: Jardin des Plantes stop
Metro, RER: line 5 Austerlitz (the nearest) – line 7 Censier Daubenton – line 10 Jussieu or Austerlitz (the nearest) - RER C Gare d’Austerlitz
SNCF train station: Gare d’Austerlitz and Gare de Lyon
Transport accessibility information: infomobi.com
It is possible to access the Galerie de Minéralogie by two entrances:
- the shortest way is at 36, rue Geoffroy Saint-Hilaire: small projection less than 2 cm
- by entering through the Jardin des Plantes: same level (download Jardin des Plantes map at the bottom of the page)
When very busy, priority admission on presentation of proof (disability or priority card).
Reception staff are available upon your arrival.
The toilets are at the end of the large exhibition hall.
Food and drink
The nearest place to eat is the cafeteria on the first floor of the Grande Galerie de l’Évolution (access only allowed with admission ticket / free ticket on presentation of proof).
Please note: the cash desk at the cafeteria is not a suitable height (112 cm high). Chairs with backs and no armrests.
Several food stands selling sandwiches, drinks and sweets are dotted around the Jardin des Plantes (please note: the stand counters are not all of an accessible height).
There are several picnic areas with tables and chairs available for visitors.
It is possible to have a picnic on the lawn next to the Grandes Serres at the Jardin des Plantes (visitors are not allowed on the other lawns).
Documents for download
- Programme quadrimestriel du Jardin des Plantes (in French only) (pdf, 12.38 MB)
- Plan du Jardin des Plante (in French only) (pdf, 773.42 KB)
- Demande d'autorisation d'accès d'un véhicule dans le Jardin des Plantes (in French only) (doc, 38 KB)
- Plan d'accès d'un véhicule dans le Jardin des Plantes (in French only) (pdf, 2.75 MB)