The Grande Galerie de l’Évolution auditorium, for lectures, talks, debates, etc.
The Muséum invites you to meet its researchers. Talks, public lectures, debates and screenings are all events accessible to everyone or by reservation, and take place in the Grande Galerie de l’Évolution Auditorium or the Muséum’s Grand Amphithéâtre.
Please note: this venue is accessible to people with walking difficulties, but not to wheelchair users.
Plan your visit
There is an induction loop installed in the Grande Galerie de l’Évolution Auditorium, but it does not work properly due to the building’s metal structure.
The talks and debates are not translated into Sign Languages or sub-titled, unless otherwise specified.
Individual visitors and families: there is not a visitors’ car park at the Jardin des Plantes, but there are several car parks in the surrounding area:
- Patriarches car park: 4, Place Bernard Halpern - Paris 5th arrondissement (a 10 minute walk from the Grande Galerie de l’Évolution)
- Quai d’Austerlitz car park: 29, quai d’Austerlitz - Paris 13th arrondissement (a 20 minute walk from the Grande Galerie de l’Évolution)
- Austerlitz Verrière car park: 85, quai d’Austerlitz - Paris 13th arrondissement >>Currently closed due to works
Groups: parking allowed by request only for a maximum of two PRM vehicles on the Jardin des Plantes premises. Requests must be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bus: Lines with the nearest stop: 67, 89 (Buffon - La Mosquée stop) – Other lines: 24, 57, 61, 63, and 91
Batobus: Jardin des Plantes stop
Metro, RER: line 5 Austerlitz – line 7 Censier Daubenton – line 10 Jussieu or Austerlitz - RER C Gare d’Austerlitz
SNCF train station: Gare d’Austerlitz and Gare de Lyon
Transport accessibility information: infomobi.com
The auditorium is located in the Grande Galerie de l’Évolution. Two entrances can be used to access the Grande Galerie de l’Évolution:
- direct access from 36, rue Geoffroy Saint Hilaire
- access through the Jardin des Plantes (download Jardin des Plantes map at the bottom of the page)
When very busy, priority entrance (indicated by a sign) to the right of the main entrance (if you have booked for a tour, for example).
The reception staff at the Grande Galerie de l’Évolution do not know the French Sign Language and have not received lip-reading training.
However, they are there to help if you need any information. Please let them know if there is another communication method you could use (writing in a notebook, etc.)
Toilets just next door to the auditorium.
Toilets on the same floor opposite the first set of doors to the auditorium (no exhibition admission ticket required).
Food and drink
Several food stands selling sandwiches, drinks and sweets are dotted around the Jardin.
There are several picnic areas with tables and chairs available for visitors.
It is possible to have a picnic on the lawn next to the Tropical Greenhouses (visitors are not allowed on the other lawns).
Cafeteria on the first floor of the Grande Galerie de l’Évolution – access with admission ticket specifically for the Grande Galerie de l’Évolution, with a view of the land animals.
Opening times and days
Opening times and days vary according to the activities on offer.
Download the Jardin des Plantes’s quarterly brochure at the bottom of the page.
Events and activities – Prices
Activities for individual visitors and families
To find out the activities available for everyone, download the Jardin des Plantes’s quarterly brochure at the bottom of the page.
Please note: the activities for everyone are not translated into Sign Languages or written down, unless otherwise specified.
Buying tickets, prices and bookings for individual visitors and families
Quarterly brochure which can be downloaded at the bottom of the page.
Documents for download
- Programme quadrimestriel du Jardin des Plantes (in French only) (pdf, 12.38 MB)
- Plan intérieur de la Grande Galerie de l'Évolution (in French only) (pdf, 688.31 KB)
- Plan du Jardin des Plantes (in French only) (pdf, 1.87 MB)
- Demande d'autorisation d'accès d'un véhicule dans le Jardin des Plantes (in French only) (doc, 37.5 KB)
- Plan d'accès d'un véhicule dans le Jardin des Plantes (in French only) (pdf, 2.75 MB)