Invalid Scald ID.
The Grande Galerie de l’Évolution auditorium, for lectures, talks, debates, etc.
The Muséum invites you to meet its researchers. Talks, public lectures, debates and screenings are all events accessible to everyone or by reservation, and take place in the Grande Galerie de l’Évolution Auditorium or the Muséum’s Grand Amphithéâtre.
Please note: this venue is accessible to people with walking difficulties, but not to wheelchair users.
Plan your visit
The Grande Galerie de l’Évolution auditorium is not specifically laid out for directing visually impaired visitors. That is why it is advisable to come with a companion.
Individual visitors and families: there is not a visitors’ car park at the Jardin des Plantes, but there are several car parks in the surrounding area:
- Patriarches car park: 4, Place Bernard Halpern - Paris 5th arrondissement (a 10 minute walk from the Grande Galerie de l’Évolution)
- Quai d’Austerlitz car park: 29, quai d’Austerlitz - Paris 13th arrondissement (a 20 minute walk from the Grande Galerie de l’Évolution)
- Austerlitz Verrière car park: 85, quai d’Austerlitz - Paris 13th arrondissement >>Currently closed due to works
Groups: parking allowed by request only for a maximum of two PRM vehicles on the Jardin des Plantes premises. Requests must be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bus: Lines with the nearest stop: 67, 89 (Buffon - La Mosquée stop) – Other lines: 24, 57, 61, 63, and 91
Batobus: Jardin des Plantes stop
Metro, RER: line 5 Austerlitz – line 7 Censier Daubenton – line 10 Jussieu or Austerlitz - RER C Gare d’Austerlitz
SNCF train station: Gare d’Austerlitz and Gare de Lyon
Transport accessibility information: infomobi.com
The auditorium is located in the Grande Galerie de l’Évolution. Two entrances can be used to access the Grande Galerie de l’Évolution:
- 36, rue Geoffroy Saint Hilaire: please note there is a small projection of less than 2 cm at the street entrance gate towards the forecourt. The pavement runs almost continuously up to this entrance from the Jussieu metro (one road to cross - Rue Cuvier). The "Buffon, la Mosquée" bus stop is also very near this entrance.
- through the Jardin des Plantes (download a PDF version of the Jardin des Plantes map at the bottom of the page)
The entrance doors are heavy to open, but a security guard is always on hand inside to help you if need be (the doors have glass in them so the guard can see the visitors outside).
When very busy, priority entrance (indicated by a sign) to the right of the main entrance (if you have booked for a tour, for example).
Reception staff are available upon your arrival. The reception desk is opposite the entrance and the cash desks are on your left.
Toilets next to the auditorium, in the hall in front of it.
Toilets on every floor in the Grande Galerie de l’Évolution.
Ground floor toilets can be used without needing to buy a ticket.
Food and drink
Cafeteria accessible on the first floor of the Grande Galerie (access with admission ticket).
Chairs with backs and no armrests.
Several food stands selling sandwiches, drinks and sweets are dotted around the Jardin.
There are several picnic areas with tables and chairs available for visitors.
It is possible to have a picnic on the lawn next to the Tropical Greenhouses (visitors are not allowed on the other lawns).
Opening times and days
Opening times and days vary according to the activities on offer.
Download the Jardin des Plantes’s quarterly brochure at the bottom of the page.
Events and activities – Prices
Activities for individual visitors and families
To find out the activities available for everyone, download the Jardin des Plantes’s quarterly brochure at the bottom of the page.
Buying tickets, prices and bookings for individual visitors and families
Quarterly brochure which can be downloaded at the bottom of the page.
Documents for download
- Programme quadrimestriel du Jardin des Plantes (in French only) (pdf, 12.38 MB)
- Plan intérieur de la Grande Galerie de l'Évolution (in French only) (pdf, 688.31 KB)
- Plan du Jardin des Plantes (in French only) (pdf, 773.42 KB)
- Demande d'autorisation d'accès d'un véhicule dans le Jardin des Plantes (in French only) (doc, 37.5 KB)
- Plan d'accès d'un véhicule dans le Jardin des Plantes (in French only) (pdf, 2.75 MB)